You can upgrade to the latest version of VMware Aria Operations for Logs by following incremental software upgrades.
To upgrade a cluster to the latest version, you must follow the upgrade path in VMware Aria Operations for Logs Upgrade Path.
- Verify that you are upgrading to the correct version of VMware Aria Operations for Logs. For more information about the upgrade process, see Upgrading VMware Aria Operations for Logs.
- Create a snapshot or backup copy of the VMware Aria Operations for Logs virtual appliance.
- Obtain a copy of the VMware Aria Operations for Logs upgrade bundle .pak file for the release you are upgrading to.
- Verify that you are logged in to the VMware Aria Operations for Logs web user interface as a Super Admin user, or a user associated with a role that has the relevant permissions. See Create and Modify Roles for more information. The URL format of the web user interface is https://operations-for-logs-host, where operations-for-logs-host is the IP address or host name of the VMware Aria Operations for Logs virtual appliance.
- Make a note of any nodes you are upgrading that are in the Maintenance mode. When the upgrade is finished, you must move them from the state Connected to the state Maintenance.
- Expand the main menu and navigate to .
- Click Upgrade from PAK to upload the .pak file.
- Accept the new EULA to complete the upgrade procedure.
- Activate or deactivate VMware’s Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) for VMware Aria Operations for Logs.
- If CEIP was activated in the earlier release of VMware Aria Operations for Logs, no action is required during the upgrade. CEIP remains activated after the upgrade completes.
- If you had deactivated CEIP for the earlier release, the CEIP check box is activated by default when the upgrade completes. Deselect the check box to not participate in CEIP.
What to do next
After the primary node upgrade process is complete, you can view the remaining upgrade process, which is automatic.
Check for the email sent to the Admin to confirm the upgrade completed successfully.
After the upgrade completes, all nodes are in the online mode even if they were in maintenance mode before the upgrade. Move these nodes back to the maintenance mode as needed.