A VMware Aria Operations for Logs Agent collects events from log files and forwards them to a VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS) server or any third-party syslog destination.
- Deploy a Cloud Proxy for VMware Aria Operations for Logs (SaaS).
- Install the VMware Aria Operations for Logs Agent. You can follow the relevant instructions in the VMware Aria Operations for Logs documentation for installing an agent.
- Expand the main menu and go to .
- To configure the agent, follow the instructions on the screen.
To learn more, see VMware Aria Operations for Logs documentation for agent configuration.
Managing Agent Configuration
As an administrator, you can centrally manage multiple VMware Aria Operations for Logs Agent configurations. Select to modify the configuration in the Agent Configuration section and click Save. You can modify the configuration for all agents or select agent groups and filter agents in the group to modify their configuration.
To learn how a central configuration works, see VMware Aria Operations for Logs documentation for centralized agent configuration.
Enabling Auto-Update and Auto-Upgrade
Enabling auto-update lets the active agents automatically download and update their configurations. Enabling auto-upgrade lets the active agents automatically upgrade to the latest available version. To see the latest agent version, in the Log Sources page, click Operations for Logs Agent. Auto-upgrade supports the upgrade of MSI packages for Windows and RPM and DEB packages for Linux.
- The agent has an active status.
- The agent version is 4.3 or later.
- The agent is not of a Linux BIN package type.
- The client-side agent configuration has the auto_update flag set to 'yes'.
- Expand the main menu and select .
- Activate Auto-update of configuration and Auto-upgrade of version toggle buttons in the upper-right corner of the page.