In VMware Aria Operations for Networks, you can enable, deactivate, edit, or delete multiple data sources at once.
You must have added more than one data source into VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see Adding a Data Source in vRealize Network Insight and Bulk Add Data Sources Using the Python SDK.
- Go to .
- In the Accounts and Data Sources page, select the data sources on which you want to perform bulk operations.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, select the bulk operation that you want to perform.
Note: Bulk operations are asynchronous in nature, which means that when a bulk operation is in progress, updates to the selected data sources are temporarily deactivated till the operation completes.
Operation Action Enable Enables data collection on the selected data sources. Disable Deactivates data collection on the selected data sources. Edit
Allows you to edit the following options:
- Access Credentials - Edit only the user name and password of the selected data sources.
- Config polling interval - Edit the interval to collect configuration data from the data sources.
- Notes - Add additional information that the user wants to add, limited to 150 characters.
In the Edit Sources page, update the required parameters and click Submit.Note: Only the common options across the selected data sources are displayed for bulk update.
From the Access Credentials drop-down menu, select:
- No Change to retain your existing credentials.
- Or, Override existing values to provide a new user name and password that works across all the data sources.
After entering the credentials, click Validate to validate your credentials against one of the data sources. A successful validation hints that the credentials are most likely true for all the selected data sources.
From the Config Polling Interval drop-down menu, select:
- No Change to retain the previously configured polling interval.
- Or, Override existing values to provide a new polling interval for the VMware Aria Operations for Networks platform to collect the configuration data from the selected data sources.
From the Notes drop-down menu, select:
- No Change to retain your existing notes.
- Or, Override existing values to enter a new note.
Deletes the selected data sources from VMware Aria Operations for Networks.
If the selected data sources have a dependency on one or more data sources, do one of the following actions:
- Delete the dependent data sources before deleting the selected data sources.
- Or, delete the dependent data sources along with the selected data sources.
If the operation fails for one or more data sources, VMware Aria Operations for Networks displays an error notification indicating the status of the operation. Click the View Details button to view the following details:
- List of data sources for which the operation succeeded.
- List of data sources for which the operation failed, and the reason for failure.
You can fix the errors and retry the operation on the failed data sources.