When communicating with the VMware Aria Operations for Networks platform; the collector requires HTTPS port 443 to be open for outgoing traffic.
Following VMware hosted URLs are accessed by the collector through the firewall:
Additionally, NTP and DNS traffic should be allowed for the correct functioning of the VMware Aria Operations for Networks or VMware Aria Operations for Networks collector.
Create a firewall rule with the following details:
- Name: An appropriate descriptive name
- Source: The name of the VMware Cloud on AWS Group containing the collector IP address.
- Destination: Select ANY
- Services – Select HTTPS, DNS, DNS-UDP, NTP, ICMP
- Action – Allow
- Applied To – Internet Interface
- Logging – Enable logging, if required.