You can add Cisco ASR/ISR routers as a data source in VMware Aria Operations for Networks only for the SD-WAN assessment. VMware Aria Operations for Networks does not support Cisco ASR/ISR routers as a data source for any other purposes.
|Version/Model||Supported OS||OS Version|
|ASR 1K, ISR4K, CSR1Kv, ISR1K||Cisco IOS XE Software||16.07.01|
- You have an Enterprise license
- The data source and its version is supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see Supported Products and Versions.
- The data source follows VMware Ports and Protocols supported in VMware Aria Operations for Networks. For more information, see VMware Ports and Protocols.
- From the left navigation pane, go to .
- Click Add Source.
- Under WAN, select Cisco ASR/ISR (SD-WAN Assessment).
- On the Add a New Cisco ASR/ISR Account or Source page, provide the required information.
Option Action Collector VM Select a collector VM from the drop-down menu. IP Address Enter the IP address details.Note: You cannot add this data source using any FQDN. You must enter the IP address details to add this data source. Username Enter the user name. Password Enter the password.
- Click Validate.
- From the SNMP Version drop-down menu, select the 2C.
- In the Community String text box, enter a community string.
- Map each uplink interface to either MPLS or Internet. To map the uplink interface, click the drop-down menu against each Interface Name and select an appropriate option.
By default, VMware Aria Operations for Networks fetches and lists all your uplink interfaces.
- In the Nickname text box, enter a nickname.
- In the Site and Region text box, enter an appropriate site and region name.
- (Optional) In the Notes text box, add a note if necessary.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
- Add a Physical Flow Collector for NetFlow and sFlow.
- Configure the Cisco ASR/ISR to send the NetFlow information to VMware Aria Operations for Networks Collector. For information on configuring a NetFlow, see Configure a NetFlow Collector in a Physical Device.
Note: It takes around four hours to collect enough flow information for the SD-WAN assessment.
- Go to Viewing SD-WAN Assessment Details page to access your SD-WAN assessment details.