To use a Timed Policy Override code on a macOS or Linux computer, perform the following procedure.
- On the computer on which to apply the override, open a terminal window and change to the following directory:
- On Linux: cd /opt/Bit9/bin
- On macOS: cd /Applications/Bit9/Tools
- Enter the following command together with the override code you generated:
./b9cli -timedoverride <code>
- If the code entered is invalid or expired, an error message displays. After three invalid attempts, the program locks out further attempts for an hour or until the agent is restarted.
- If a valid code is entered and the Enforcement Level transition is successful, the message Timed override set is displayed.