Each template has its own clone cleanup setting. You can choose manual cleanup or one of two automatic settings. If you also set a global clone cleanup rule on the System Configuration pages, templates are also subject to that rule.
- On the console menu, choose Assets > Computers.
- Locate the template computer you want to configure for clone deletion and click its View Details button to open the Template Details page.
- Click on the Template Settings tab. It shows when the template was created, the computer’s original name and IP Address, and how may clones from the template have been seen by the App Control Server. It also includes a menu on which you can choose how to cleanup clone computers for this template.
- On the Clone Cleanup menu, you can choose one of the following:
Note: To prevent accidental deletion of clones that are still in use, clones that are detected as offline will not be deleted unless they have not communicated with the server for at least 10 minutes. This helps mitigate situations in which network interruptions erroneously make it appear that a clone is not in use.
- Manual - No automatic cleanup. Clones based on this template must be deleted manually, or by the global cleanup rule defined on the System Configuration Advanced tab.
- When offline - Clones based on this template are scheduled for deletion as soon as they are offline. Depending upon other server activities, they will actually be deleted within 10 to 15 minutes.
- Based on time - Clones based on this template are deleted if offline for a period of time you set in a field that appears when you make this choice. If there are two different times defined for the template and for global cleanup, the first deadline to be reached triggers the cleanup.
- Based on name - When a clone based on this template is newly registered with the App Control Server, any offline clones with the same name are automatically deleted. Online clones are not affected. This method is safe to use unless you want to retain old reverted computer data for analysis. This will not cleanup offline clones if new clones always get a new name.
- When you have completed any changes you want to make to the Template Details page, click Save.