After your Sensor Gateway is up and running, you must perform a fresh sensor install. You install a Carbon Black sensor on your Windows VM workload and configure it to communicate with the Carbon Black Cloud through the Sensor Gateway.
- Ensure you have access to the latest Carbon Black sensor for Windows version (184.108.40.2064+).
- For information on using the Carbon Black Cloud console to install sensors on VM workloads, see VMware Carbon Black Cloud Sensor Installation Guide.
- Ensure that you have the company code available. For more information, see Generate a Company Code.
- Omit this step if the Sensor Gateway uses a CA-signed certificate. Add a self-signed certificate in the Trusted Root Certificates folder on the Windows VM workload.
The sensor uses this certificate to communicate with the Sensor Gateway
- Download the sensor installer.
- Install the sensor by using the Carbon Black Cloud console or by existing scripts.
- Use the company code you previously generated to complete the sensor installation.
Once your sensor is successfully installed, you can see the running Sensor Gateway in the Carbon Black Cloud console.