To create an .mst file, perform the following procedure.
- Sign in to the Carbon Black Cloud console.
- On the navigation bar, click Inventory and then click Endpoints.
- Click Sensor Options and then click Download sensor kits. Download the .msi file for the Windows sensor .
- Download and install the Orca installer; see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-%20us/library/windows/desktop/aa370557(v=vs.85).aspx.
- Right-click the .msi file that you downloaded in Step 3 and click Edit with Orca.
- Click Transform > New Transform.
- Create additional Property table entries. Under Tables > Property, right-click in a blank space and then click Add row.
- Click Property and enter "COMPANY_CODE". Click Value and enter the company registration code for your organization. (See Step 1: Obtain a Company Registration Code.)
- If you are installing in a VDI Environment, see Installing Sensors on Endpoints in a VDI Environment for additional parameters.
- Click Transform > Generate Transform and save the file as an .mst file. Use a file name that is easily recognizable.
Note: Carbon Black recommends that you create a verbose .msi install log file to help troubleshoot Group Policy installation or update issues.