To upgrade VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension from one minor version to another, you can use the Minor Version Upgrade workflow in Kubernetes Container Clusters UI.
To access the Minor Version Upgrade workflow, access Kubernetes Container Clusters UI as a service provider, click .
- Manually stop and delete all existing VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension Server vApps. For more information, refer to Power off a vApp and Delete a vApp.
- Download the VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension server OVA 4.1.z. For more information, see Download OVA Files.
- Start the Set Up Prerequisites automatic workflow.
Set up Prerequisite Step Description Register
vcdkeconfig 1.1.0 entitytype and capvcdcluster 1.2.0 or 1.1.0 is registered, depending on your VMware Cloud Director version. Update and publish Kubernetes Clusters Rights Bundle Rights are added to this rights bundle, and then the rights bundle is published to all tenants. For a list of rights in this right bundle, see Kubernetes Clusters Rights Bundle. Update and publish Kubernetes Cluster Author global role Rights are added to this global role, and then the global role is published to all tenants. For a list of rights in this role, see Kubernetes Cluster Author Role. Update Server Configuration Automatically update Kubernetes component versions to the new recommended default values.
- (Optional) In the Set Configuration Parameters window, update the existing server configuration parameters, and click Submit Changes.
Note: The minor version upgrade workflow automatically updates Kubernetes components versions to the recommended versions in the VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension configuration. If you want to continue using the component versions that you have been using before this minor version upgrade, you must provide those versions in the Set Configuration Parameters step.Note: To restore the previous values of the form, click Restore Previous.
- (Optional) If you use a private registry to leverage an airgapped environment, it is necessary to setup a local container registry using the
getting-startedscript of 4.1.1a before you can perform a minor version upgrade in VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension. For more information, see Set up a Local Container Registry in an Airgapped Environment.
- Deploy a new vApp using the downloaded OVA. For more information, see Create a vApp from VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension server OVA file.