You can create storage policies for tenants who use the Cloudian platform.
- You can create storage policies for tenants who use the Cloudian platform only.
- The Cloudian HyperStore version must be 22.214.171.124+ or 7.3.1+.
- The Erasure Coding distribution scheme requires a minimum of 3 data centers and 6 nodes. Verify that your environment supports this configuration, if you want to use the Erasure Coding method.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director cloud provider admin portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- Click Storage Policies, then click New Storage Policy.
- Enter a name for the storage policy.
The name must be a maximum of 32 characters. You cannot use spaces or the special characters
- Enter a description for the storage policy.
The description must be a maximum of 64 characters.
- Select a region.
The storage policy applies only to the selected region.
- Select the tenant scope.
- Select the data centers that you want to use.
- Select your preferred Distribution Scheme.
If you select... You must... Replication 1. Enter the Replicas Count - the count must not be larger than the total number of nodes available.
2. Select a Datacenter Assignment - this option decides how the replicas can be distributed across the data centers.
3. Click Create.
Replicated Erasure Coding 1. Select your preferred Erasure Coding "k"+"m" value configuration.
2. Click Create.