If you want VMware Cloud Director to use this vCenter Server instance with its associated NSX Manager instance, you must add NSX Manager access details.
- On the NSX-V Manager page, leave the Configure Settings toggle turned on.
- Enter the URL of the NSX Manager instance.
If the default port is used, you can skip the port number. If a custom port is used, include the port numberFor example, https://FQDN_or_IP_address:<custom_port_number>.
- Enter the user name and password of the NSX administrator account.
- (Optional) То enable cross-virtual data center networking for the virtual data centers backed by this vCenter Server instance, turn on the Cross-VDC networking toggle, and enter the control VM deployment properties and a name for the network provider scope.
The control VM deployment properties are used for deploying an appliance on the NSX Manager instance for cross-virtual data center networking components like a universal router.
Option Description Network Provider Scope Corresponds to the network fault domain in the network topologies of the data center groups. For example, boston-fault1.
For information about managing cross-virtual data center groups, see the VMware Cloud Director Tenant Portal Guide.
Resource Pool Path
The hierarchical path to a specific resource pool in the vCenter Server instance, starting from the cluster, Cluster/Resource_Pool_Parent/Target_Resource . For example, TestbedCluster1/mgmt-rp.
As an alternative, you can enter the Managed Object Reference ID of the resource pool. For example, resgroup-1476.
Datastore Name The name of the datastore to host the appliance files. For example, shared-disk-1. Management Interface The name of the network in vCenter Server or port group used for the HA DLR management interface. For example, TestbedPG1.
- Click Next.
- If the endpoint does not have a trusted certificate, on the Trust Certificate window confirm if you trust the endpoint.
- Enable or disable the access configuration settings.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review the registration details and click Finish.