You can create an external network that is backed by an NSX segment.
In NSX, segments are virtual layer 2 domains. A segment was earlier called a logical switch.
Adding an NSX segment enables the creation of direct organization VDC networks backed by NSX.An NSX segment can be backed either by a VLAN transport zone or by an overlay transport zone.
- Verify that you are a system administrator.
- Verify that you created the segment in NSX Manager. For more information segments, see NSX Administration Guide.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left pane, click External Networks and click New.
- On the Backing Type page, select NSX-T Segments and a registered NSX Manager instance to back the network, and click Next.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the new external network.
- Select an NSX segment from the list to import and click Next.
- Configure at least one subnet and click Next.
- Review the network settings and click Finish.