If SDDC Manager has an internet connection, you can download bundles directly from SDDC Manager UI.
When upgrade bundles are available for your environment, a message is displayed in the SDDC Manager UI. Available install bundles are displayed on the Bundle Management page and on the Updates/Patches tab for each workload domain.
- In the navigation pane, click .
- Click Authenticate.
- Enter your user names and passwords and click Authorize.
- Using SSH, log in to the SDDC Manager appliance as the vcf user.
- Enter su to switch to the root user.
- Open the /opt/vmware/vcf/lcm/lcm-app/conf/application-prod.properties file.
- Restart the LCM service:
systemctl restart lcm
- In the navigation pane, click
.The Bundles page displays the bundles available for download. The Bundle Details section displays the bundle version and release date.
If the bundle can be applied right away, the Bundle Details column displays the workload domains to which the bundle needs to be applied and the Availability column displays Available. If another bundle needs to be applied before a particular bundle, the Availability column displays Future.
- To view more information about the bundle, click View Details.
The Bundle Details section displays the bundle version, release date, and additional details about the bundle.
- Click Exit Details.
- Specify when to download the bundle.
- Click Download Now to start the download immediately.
- Click Schedule Download to set the date and time for the bundle download.
The Download Status section displays the date and time at which the bundle download has been scheduled. When the download begins, the status bar displays the download progress.