The Connected Amazon VPC contains your SDDC and all its networks. Information about this VPC, including the active ENI, VPC subnet, and VPC ID, is available on the Connected VPC page.
VMware Cloud on AWS uses AWS account linking and AWS CloudFormation to obtain the permissions it needs to access a your AWS account. When the accounts are linked, VMware Cloud on AWS runs a CloudFormation template that creates IAM roles and grants permissions for several VMware accounts to assume those roles. The role names are listed on the SDDC's Connected VPC page. Details about those roles and permissions are published in AWS Roles and Permissions in the VMware Cloud on AWS Operations Guide.
- VMware Cloud on AWS will be unable to add, replace, or remove hosts in the SDDC management cluster.
- VMware Cloud on AWS will be unable to update the main route table when routes change or the active NSX Edge changes hosts during an upgrade. This can break connectivity between the SDDC and native AWS services. See Routing Between Your SDDC and the Connected VPC for details.
- The affected organization will no longer be able to deploy SDDCs linked to that account.
- Log in to VMware Cloud Services at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click VIEW DETAILS. , then pick an SDDC card and click
- Click OPEN NSX MANAGER and log in with the NSX Manager Admin User Account shown on the SDDC Settings page. See SDDC Network Administration with NSX Manager.
You can also use the VMware Cloud Console Networking & Security tab for this workflow.
- Click Connected VPC to open the Connected Amazon VPC page.
This page includes the following information:
- AWS Account ID
- The AWS account ID you specified when you created your SDDC.
- VPC ID
- The AWS ID of this VPC.
- VPC Subnet
- The AWS ID of the VPC subnet you specified when you created your SDDC.
- Active Network Interface
- The identifier for the ENI used by VMC in this VPC.
- IAM Role Names
- AWS Identity and Access Management role names defined in this VPC. See AWS Roles and Permissions in the VMware Cloud on AWS Operations Guide.
- Cloud Formation Stack Names
- The name of the AWS Cloud Formation stack used to create your SDDC
- Service Access
- A list of AWS services enabled in this VPC.