You can try any API available in your Organization directly from the API Explorer page in Cloud Services Console.
You must have an Organization Owner role in the Organization.
- Log in to your Organization in Cloud Services Console.
- Navigate to .
- From the Available APIs menu on the API Explorer page, select an API category.
The page refreshes to display all available APIs in the selected category.
- Use the arrow icon to expand the contents of an API.
- Scroll down to the Try it out section.
- To create an API call, fill in the required properties.
Properties are pre-filled where possible based on the environment details shown on the right side of the page.When building or using API integrations or server calls locally, you might use snippets of the samples of the API specifications. An easy way to do that, is to click the Download Open API / Swagger Specification button located at the top and bottom of the API Explorer page. The specifications file contains sample calls and expected responses.
- Click Execute.
Note: All API calls you make from the API Explorer are executed against your live environment. Always use caution when using the Try it out functionality.
When you execute the API call, the page refreshes to display the response right below the Try it out section of the API Explorer page. You can interact with the model response, see the payload in text format, copy or download the response.
In this example, you will use an API from the Identity and Access Management category to get information about the Principal User – the user currently logged in the Organization.
- Open the API Explorer.
- From the Available APIs list, select Identity and Access Management.
- In the list of API Categories that displays, click Principal User.
- Click GET /am/api/loggedin/user.
- Click Execute.
The response to the API call you created displays in the Response section of the page, returning the user information you used to log in to the Organization.