Access Points (APs) are not added automatically to a floor map. After uploading a floor map, you must manually add APs to the floor map.
To add APs to a floor map, perform the following steps.
- Log into the VMware Edge Network Intelligence portal.
- Go to
. The AP & CUSTOM GROUPS page appears.
- In the AP & CUSTOM GROUPS page, search by custom group name to find a specific custom group you want to view floor map and add APs.
- Under the FLOOR MAP column for your floor group, click VIEW FLOOR MAP.
The Floor Map page loads and you will see the uploaded map image in the center and a list of APs on the right hand side.
- The APs that show up in the list are the same APs that are matched using the conditions specified when creating the group. If there are APs missing, or too many listed, you must validate the definitions used when creating the floor group - AP regex, AP Group, or APs specifically chosen.
- Click on the "Pencil" icon on the top right to edit the map.
- In the Edit mode, click the Add To Map button under every AP to place the APs on the map. Whenever you click the Add To Map button, that AP will appear on the map, centered based on your scoped view. If you add multiple APs at once, they will be stacked on top of each other.
- Once an AP, or APs, have been added, you can simply click and drag them to the correct location on the map representing their physical installation. Then click Add To Map on the next AP and drag it to its appropriate placement. Repeat the step until all APs have been placed on the map.
- When you are done placing the APs, click DONE.