VMware Fusion 11.1.1 | 8 Aug 2019 | Build 14328561
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
VMware Fusion® 11 is the easiest, fastest, and most reliable way to run Windows and other x86 based operating systems on a Mac without rebooting.
For more information, see the broader VMware Fusion documentation.
This release of VMware Fusion is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 11 users. This release provides the following:
- Mitigated a virtual machine performance issue with macOS 10.14.6 host.
On systems running macOS 10.14.6, you might experience performance issue with virtual machines. This performance issue is observed with encrypted virtual machines when the memory is above 2 GB. This is an incompatibility of Fusion with macOS 10.14.6.
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Fusion 11 are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for a prior release, click the appropriate link:
- VMware Fusion 11.1.0
- VMware Fusion 11.0.3
- VMware Fusion 11.0.2
- VMware Fusion 11.0.1
- VMware Fusion 11
- Using Edge or Chrome web browser on a Windows virtual machine with virtual memory larger than 2 GB running on a 10.14.6 mac machine with 16 GB memory might cause the virtual machine to stop responding frequently.
On a 10.14.6 mac machine with 16 GB physical memory, if Edge or Chrome web browser is used in a Windows virtual machine that is configured with virtual memory larger than 2 GB, the virtual machine may experience low or no response issue.
• This issue is only observed on macOS version 10.14.6.
• This issue is only observed when Edge or Chrome web browser is used in the virtual machine.
• This issue is only observed when the Windows virtual machine is configured with virtual memory larger than 2 GB.
Workaround: Perform one of the following steps to work around this issue:
• Change the virtual memory size of the virtual machine to less than or equal to 2 GB.
• Use Firefox or any web browser other than Edge and Chrome.
• Disable 3D graphics for the virtual machine. Open Display Settings and uncheck the Accelerate 3D Graphics checkbox.