For supported Windows guest operating systems, you can find and open any virtual machine application from the applications menus. The applications menus include the applications menu (), accessible in the Mac menu bar or with a keyboard shortcut, and the Unity applications menu (), accessible from the Mac Dock when the virtual machine is in Unity view.
For supported Windows guests, the applications menus provide quick access to applications you add when you configure the applications menus, see Set Up the Applications Menu, and applications you recently opened.
To access the applications menu (), configure the applications menu to make it accessible. See Set General Preferences.
- To access the Unity applications menu (), switch the virtual machine to Unity view.
With the virtual machine open in single window or full screen view, switch to Unity view. For example, select.When you switch to Unity view, the following events occur.
- The virtual machine interface disappears.
- Applications currently open in the virtual machine appear directly on the Mac desktop.
- VMware Unity () appears in the Mac Dock.
- Open the applications menu () or the Unity applications menu ().
- To open the applications menu, click the application menu () status item in the Mac menu bar or use the keyboard shortcut and click the appropriate virtual machine.
- To open the Unity applications menu, click VMware Unity () in the Mac Dock.
- In the list, find the application to open.
- (Optional) If the application name does not appear in the list, you can show more applications.
- Click All Programs.
- Type the name of the application in the search text box.
- To open the application, click the icon.