With discrete graphics management, you can manage battery use and performance of applications that use 3D graphics in a virtual machine.
- Verify that your MacBook Pro has an integrated graphics card and a discrete graphics card. Discrete graphics management enables the operating system to switch between the two cards.
- Verify that 3D graphics are enabled.
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under System Settings in the Settings window, click Display.
- Verify that the Accelerate 3D Graphics check box is selected.
- Select a graphics performance option from the Battery life drop-down menu.
Option Description Don't Use High Performance Graphics (Longer Battery Life) Maximizes battery life. Use High Performance Graphics for 3D Applications Only Balances battery life and 3D graphics performance. Always Use High Performance Graphics (Shorter Battery Life) Minimizes battery life.