If you have multiple microphones on the Mac client, the remote desktop uses only one microphone. You can use the System Preferences on the Mac client to specify the default microphone in the remote desktop.
With the Real-Time Audio-Video feature, audio input devices and audio output devices work without using USB redirection and the required network bandwidth is greatly reduced. Analog audio input devices are also supported.
This procedure describes how to select a microphone from the user interface of the Mac client. You can also configure a preferred microphone by using the Mac defaults system. For more information, see the VMware Horizon Client for Mac Installation and Setup Guide document.
- Verify that you have a USB microphone, or another type of microphone, installed and operational on the Mac client.
- Use the VMware Blast display protocol or the PCoIP display protocol for the remote desktop.
- On the Mac client, select Sound. and click
- Open the Input pane of Sound preferences.
- Select the default microphone.