You can update Horizon Client online.
You can disable the online update feature by modifying the Enable Horizon Client online update group policy setting. You can specify an alternate URL from which to retrieve updates by modifying the URL for Horizon Client online update group policy setting. For more information, see General Settings for Client GPOs.
You can also disable the online update feature by setting the AUTO_UPDATE_ENABLED property to 0 when you install Horizon Client from the command line. For more information, see Installation Properties for Horizon Client.
- Save your work before you update Horizon Client. The update might initiate a system reboot.
- Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the client system.
- Log in to the client system as an administrator.
- Start Horizon Client and click Software Updates.
Option Action Before you connect to a server Click. After you connect to a server Click.
- To check for available updates, click Check for Updates.
Horizon Client indicates whether an update is available.
If the Enable update notifications check box is selected (the default), Horizon Client detects available updates. To indicate that a new Horizon Client version is available, a red dot appears on the Options menu (before you connect to a server) or on the Help button (after you connect to a server). You can disable automatic update detection by deselecting this check box.
- To begin the update process if an update is available, click Download and Install.
- To install the update after Horizon Client downloads the update, click OK.
The Horizon Client interactive installation wizard opens.