You can manage compute resources on the Compute Resources panel of the Resources page.
The Compute Resources panel on the left side of the Resources screen provides information about the following resources associated with this data center:
- A virtual desktop host can be a VMware vCenter that manages multiple hypervisors and hosts virtual desktops.
- A management host can be a VMware vCenter that manages multiple hypervisors and hosts management appliances.
When you click on the Compute Resources panel, the right pane updates to display the General and Add Host Manager tabs. If you have any Partitioned Compute Resources, the Partitioned Compute Summary tab displays as well.
Before you select the link for a specific Compute Resource, the General tab provides general information about the supported Compute Resource types.
Selecting the VMware vCenter host manager link updates the right panel to display the General and Accounts tabs.
Add Host Manager
Since there is at most 1 management vCenter per data center, adding a vCenter host manager is only done at the time a data center is initially configured.
To add a VMware vCenter desktop host manager:
- Enter the DNS name or IP address of the VMware vCenter host manager to add.
- Supply credentials (username/password) for this host manager (should login as Administrator).
- Choose a desktop resource manager to associate with this host manager.
Click the Add button.
The system prompts you to accept the certificate for the vCenter.
The system indicates it is discovering the host manager and calculating capacity.
Select your vCenter data center and click Save.Note: If you only have one vCenter data center, you will not be prompted to select it.