Horizon Agent and Horizon Client, and the virtual desktop or RDS host and client machine on which you install the agent and client software, must meet certain requirements to support the Geolocation Redirection feature.
- Virtual desktop or RDS host
- The Windows Location service setting must be On in .
- The Geolocation Redirection feature supports the following remote desktop applications.
Application Platform Google Chrome (latest version) All virtual desktops or RDS hosts Internet Explorer 11 All virtual desktops or RDS hosts Microsoft Edge (Chromium) All virtual desktops or RDS hosts Microsoft Edge, Maps, Weather, and other Win32 and UWP apps Windows 10
The Location permission setting, if any, must be enabled individually in each supported browser.
- Horizon Agent must be installed with the Geolocation Redirection custom setup option selected. This option is not selected by default. See the topics about installing Horizon Agent in the Setting Up Virtual Desktops in Horizon and Setting Up Published Desktops and Applications in Horizon documents.
- The VMware Geolocation Redirection group policy settings must be configured on the Active Directory server. See Install and Configure Geolocation Redirection.
- For Internet Explorer 11, the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection IE Plugin must be enabled for RDS hosts. See Enable the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection Plugin for Internet Explorer. You do not need to enable the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection IE plugin for Windows 10 virtual desktops. Internet Explorer is supported on Windows 10 virtual desktops with the VMware Geolocation Redirection driver.
- For Chrome and Microsoft Edge (Chromium), the VMware Horizon Gelocation Redirection Chrome extension must be installed on the remote desktop. See Install the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection Extension for Chrome and Install the VMware Horizon Geolocation Redirection Extension for Microsoft Edge (Chromium).
- Client system
- Install Horizon Client for Windows on a Windows client system. Non-Windows clients are not supported. For information, see the VMware Horizon Client for Windows Installation and Setup Guide document.
- Share the client system's location information by configuring the Geolocation settings in Horizon Client for Windows.
- For Windows 10 client systems, the Windows Location service setting must be On in for Horizon to access your location.
- Display protocol for the remote session
- VMware Blast