After you prepare the NFS server and backup your current deployment, you install it as a separate deployment and migrate your data.
About this task
The upgrade process also allows you to switch from a compact mode deployment to HA deployment.
- If you are logged in to the vSphere Web Client, log out and log back in.
This refreshes the interface so the newly installed deployment is accessible through the vSphere Web Client.
- In the vSphere Web Client, click Home and click the VMware Integrated OpenStack icon.
- Click the Summary tab and verify that the Version information table shows the version of the upgraded VMware Integrated OpenStack manager.
- Click the Manage tab and click the Upgrades tab.
The Upgrades tab lists the current VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment.
- Right-click the deployment name and select Upgrade.
- Enter name for the new deployment.
This name must be different than the name of the existing deployment.
- If you are upgrading from a compact mode deployment, in the Deployment type drop-down menu, select type for the upgraded deployment.
If your VMware Integrated OpenStack is deployed in compact mode, you can change to HA mode during the update or stay in compact mode.
- Click Next.
- Review the upgrade configuration, and click Finish.
The current deployment shows a status of
Runningand the new, upgraded deployment shows a status of
- On the Upgrades tab, right-click the name of the old deployment, and select Migrate Data.
You must confirm this action because during data migration, the VMware Integrated OpenStack services stop and downtime incurs until the upgrade finishes.
When the migration process finishes, the status for the updated deployment on the Upgrades tab changes to
Migrated. The new deployment is up and running, but it is using a temporary public IP. Users can access it, but only using this temporary public VIP. Only after completion of the following step, the original public VIP is configured on the new deployment. The Upgrades tab now lists the current VMware Integrated OpenStack and the new deployment.
- On the Upgrades tab, right-click the name of your previous deployment, and select Switch to New Deployment.
When the deployment switching process finishes, the status for the updated deployment on the Upgrades tab changes to
Running. The previous deployment shows a status of
What to do next
If the deployment process is unsuccessful, you can revert to your previous VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment. See Revert to a Previous VMware Integrated OpenStack Deployment.
If the deployment process is successful, you can delete the previous VMware Integrated OpenStack deployment.