You can uninstall NSX Data Center for vSphere from all hosts in a cluster.
If you want to remove NSX Data Center for vSphere from individual hosts (instead of from the entire the entire cluster), see Remove a Host from a Prepared Cluster.
- Disconnect VMs on the cluster from logical switches.
- Remove the cluster from its transport zone.
- In NSX 6.4.1 and later, navigate to .
Disconnect the cluster from the transport zone.If the cluster is grayed out and you cannot disconnect it from the transport zone, this might be because of one of the following reasons:
- In NSX 6.4.0, navigate to .
- A host in the cluster is disconnected or is not powered on.
- The cluster might contain one or more virtual machines or appliances that are attached to the transport zone. For example, if the host is in a management cluster and has NSX Controller VMs installed on it, first remove or move the VMs.
- Uninstall the NSX Data Center for vSphere VIBs. In the vSphere Web Client, go to . Select a cluster, and click .
The Installation Status displays Not Ready. If you click Not Ready, the dialog box displays this message: Host must be put into maintenance mode to complete agent VIB installation.
- Select the cluster and click the Resolve action to complete the uninstall.
The hosts must be put into maintenance mode to complete the uninstall. If the cluster has DRS enabled, DRS will attempt to put the hosts into maintenance mode in a controlled fashion that allows the VMs to continue running. If DRS fails for any reason, the Resolve action halts. In this case, you may need to move the VMs manually and then retry the Resolve action or put the hosts into maintenance mode manually.Important: If you manually put hosts into maintenance mode, you must verify that the host VIB uninstall has completed before you take the host out of maintenance mode.
- Check the Recent Tasks pane in the vSphere Web Client.
- In the Host Preparation tab, check that the Installation Status for the cluster from which the host was removed has a green checkmark.
If the Installation Status is Installing, the uninstall is still in progress.