All components in NSX report system events. These events can help in monitoring the health and security of the environment and troubleshooting problems.
Each event message has the following information:
- Unique event code
- Severity level
- Description of the event and, if appropriate, recommended actions.
Collecting Technical Support Logs and Contacting VMware Support
For some events, the recommended action includes collecting technical support logs and contacting VMware support.
- To collect NSX Manager technical support logs, see Download Technical Support Logs for NSX.
- To collect NSX Edge technical support logs, see Download Tech Support Logs for NSX Edge.
- To collect host technical support logs, run the command export host-tech-support (see "Troubleshooting Distributed Firewall" in the NSX Troubleshooting Guide).
- To contact VMware support, see "How to file a Support Request in My VMware" (http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006985).
Performing a Force Sync on NSX Edge
For some events, the recommended action includes performing a force sync on NSX Edge. For more information, see "Force Sync NSX Edge with NSX Manager in the NSX Administration Guide. Force sync is a disruptive operation and reboots the NSX Edge VM.
System Event Severity Level
Each event has one of the following severity levels:
The following topics document system event messages of severity major, critical, or high from various components.