To migrate your NSX Data Center environment from NSX-v to NSX-T, you must provide details about your NSX-v environment.
The migration coordinator service runs on one NSX Manager node.
Deploy a new NSX-T Data Center environment to be the destination for the NSX-v migration.
During the Import Configuration step, all NSX Edge node interfaces in the destination NSX-T Data Center environment are shut down. If the destination NSX-T Data Center environment is already configured and is in use, starting the configuration import will interrupt traffic.
- Verify that the vCenter Server system associated with the NSX-v environment is registered as a compute manager in NSX-T Data Center. See Add a Compute Manager.
- If your NSX-v environment uses Edge Services Gateways, verify that you have created an IP pool in the NSX-T environment to use for Edge TEPs. See Create an IP Pool for Edge Tunnel End Points.
- Using SSH, log in as admin to the NSX Manager VM and start the migration coordinator service.
NSX-Manager1> start service migration-coordinator
- From a browser, log in to the NSX Manager node on which you started the migration coordinator service. Log in as admin.
- Navigate to .
- In the NSX for vSphere pane, click Get Started.
- From the Import Configuration page, click Select NSX and provide the credentials for vCenter Server and NSX-v.
Note: The drop-down menu for vCenter Server displays all vCenter Server systems that are registered as compute managers. Click Add New if you need to add a compute manager.
- Click Start to import the configuration.
- When the import has finished, click Continue to proceed to the Resolve Configuration page.
If the import fails due to incorrect edge node configuration translation, click the Failed flag to view information about the number and size of the required NSX Edge resources. After you deploy the correct number and size of edge nodes, click Rollback to roll back this migration attempt and restart the configuration import.
When the NSX-v topology is imported successfully, the View Imported Topology link is enabled. Click this link to view a graph of the imported topology. However, the topology viewer does not work for a scaled NSX-v environment.