Use the CLI to verify that the BGP routes are learned. You can also check from the external router that the NSX-T Data Center-connected VMs are reachable.
- Verify that BGP is configured. See Configure BGP on a Tier-0 Logical Router in Manager Mode.
- Verify that NSX-T Data Center static routes are set to be redistributed. See Enable Route Redistribution on the Tier-0 Logical Router in Manager Mode.
- Log in to the NSX Manager CLI.
- View the routes learned from the external BGP neighbor.
nsx-edge1(tier0_sr)> get route bgp Flags: c - connected, s - static, b - BGP, ns - nsx_static nc - nsx_connected, rl - router_link, t0n: Tier0-NAT, t1n: Tier1-NAT b 10.10.10.0/24 [20/0] via 192.168.100.254
- From the external router, check that BGP routes are learned and that the VMs are reachable through the NSX-T Data Center overlay.
- List the BGP routes.
user@router# run show ip route bgp Codes: K - kernel route, C - connected, S - static, R - RIP, O - OSPF, I - ISIS, B - BGP, > - selected route, * - FIB route B>* 172.16.10.0/24 [20/0] via 192.168.100.2, eth2, 00:00:48 B>* 172.16.20.0/24 [20/0] via 192.168.100.2, eth2, 00:00:48 B>* 172.16.30.0/24 [20/0] via 192.168.100.2, eth2, 00:00:48
- From the external router, ping the NSX-T Data Center-connected VMs.
PING 172.16.10.10 (172.16.10.10) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 172.16.10.10: icmp_req=1 ttl=62 time=127 ms 64 bytes from 172.16.10.10: icmp_req=2 ttl=62 time=1.96 ms ^C --- 172.16.10.10 ping statistics --- 2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1001ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.966/64.793/127.620/62.827 ms
- Check the path through the NSX-T Data Center overlay.
traceroute to 172.16.10.10 (172.16.10.10), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 192.168.100.3 (192.168.100.3) 0.640 ms 0.575 ms 0.696 ms 2 100.91.176.1 (100.91.176.1) 0.656 ms 0.604 ms 0.578 ms 3 172.16.10.10 (172.16.10.10) 3.397 ms 3.703 ms 3.790 ms
- List the BGP routes.
- From the internal VMs, ping the external IP address.
PING 10.10.10.10 (10.10.10.10) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 10.10.10.10: icmp_req=1 ttl=62 time=119 ms 64 bytes from 10.10.10.10: icmp_req=2 ttl=62 time=1.93 ms ^C --- 10.10.10.10 ping statistics --- 2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1001ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.936/60.865/119.795/58.930 ms
What to do next
Configure additional routing functionality, such as ECMP.