When configuring a physical server as a transport node, if you did not attach a segment port to application interface of the server, complete the task to ensure NSX-T is configured on the physical server.
If the application interface of the physical server was not attached to an NSX-T segment, revisit the physical server transport node to complete the configuration.
If you want to change segment port parameters, such as assigning a different IP address to the application interface and so on to application interface of the physical server.
- Ensure the physical server is prepared as an NSX-T transport node. See Prepare ESXi Cluster Hosts as Transport Nodes.
- From a browser, log in with admin privileges to an NSX Manager at https://<nsx-manager-ip-address>.
- If you did not configure the application interface of physical server, on the Host Transport Node page the node status is Success. The node indicates by showing a warning icon that segment port is not attached to application interface of physical server.
- To configure the segment with the application interface, select the physical server, click
.The Manage Segment window displays the segment that is already attached to the application interface of the physical server.
- For the selected segment, click Edit Segment Port, configure the Application Interface section and click Save. The segment port status displays as Success, if everything is functional.
- To add a new port on the segment, on the Manage Segment window, click Add Segment Port and add the required details.
Alternatively, if a port already exists, click Edit Segment to proceed with configuration.
Option Description Context ID To enable the application interface configuration, enter the host node ID. Assign Existing IP Use an existing IP so that it can be used for migration of the application interface. Assign New IP
Used when configuring an overlay network. Select an IP assignment method on the segment - IP pool, DHCP, or Static. When you assign a new IP address for the application interface, complete the configuration by providing the IP address, Routing Table and Default Gateway details.
IP Address Enter IP address for the application interface of the physical server. Routing table Enter routing table details. Default Gateway Enter the IP address of the gateway.
- On the Host Transport Node page, select the physical server, and click Switch Visualization for the server. It must represent the network you configured on the physical server.