For deploying a new load balancer, it is recommended that you use 6 static IPs, three for the Pulse Nodes and three for the load balancers. Of the three static IPs for load balancers, two of the IPs should be assigned to the Active load balancer and the Passive load balancer VMs. The third IP of the load balancer serves as a floating IP that oscillates between Master and Slave.
- In the Node Management screen, accept the EULA agreement and click Next.
- Select the Deployment Role as Load balancer Node.
- In Node Setup Wizard > First Organization page, enter the Pulse Nodes, Pulse Node Admin Password, and Virtual IP. Click Next.
Entering Pulse Nodes and Password is not mandatory at this step. You can add them when you are setting up the load balancer node.
- Click Review and Launch Node.
- To add another load balancer node, first deploy the OVF template. In the Customize Template page, in the Join Pulse Instance, give the first load balancer IP and continue setting up and launching the load balancer node.
Note: After you deploy the second load balancer node, if you go to VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration console > Nodes, you will see the list of Pulse nodes you added in first load balancer node.