Updated on: 09 AUG 2018
VMware Skyline Collector™ 1.4 Release Notes | 9 August 2018
NOTE: These Release Notes do not provide the terms applicable to your license. Consult the VMware Product Guide and VMware End User License Agreement for the license metrics and other license terms applicable to your use of VMware vCloud NFV.
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- About VMware Skyline Collector
- What's New in this Release
- Resolved Issues
- Upgrade Instructions
About VMware Skyline Collector
VMware Skyline is an innovative proactive support technology that brings high-performing technology and tools to the workbench to radically transform customer support.
The VMware Skyline Collector uses automation to securely collect data and perform environment-specific analytics on configuration, feature, and performance data. The resulting information may radically improve visibility into a customer's environment, enabling richer, more informed interactions between customers and VMware without extensive time and investment by support administrators.
For customers, this means that proactive, predictive, and prescriptive recommendations may improve overall stability and reliability and reactive support issues can be resolved more quickly.
For more information, see the VMware Skyline Documentation Center.
What's New in this Release
New Product Support: VMware® vSAN™ is a critical component of the Software-Defined DataCenter. Skyline Collector 1.4 includes the ability to provide proactive support for vSAN. A minimum of ten proactive findings and recommendations will be made available within Skyline Collector 1.4, with more findings and recommendations added in the future.
- vCenter Server: Versions 5.5, 6.0, 6.5
- NSX Manager: Versions 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4
- VMware vSAN
The following issues are resolved in this version of VMware Skyline Collector:
When adding a vCenter Server for collection and the Collect from all Datacenters option is deselected, if the user selects two or more datacenters, the collection fails with an exception. In the log, you see entries similar to:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Duplicate key [name, network, datastore, vmFolder, hostFolder, datastoreFolder, networkFolder]
- When a manifest cannot be read from VMware’s Analytics Cloud, the Skyline Collector will not start and will not poll for manifests.
- Skyline Collector upload hangs indefinitely without timeout or expiration. This affects product usage data collection.
- vCenter Server VC_HOST endpoint product usage data collection, in some cases, does not start because a proper certificate thumbprint is not propogated.
- Many NSX warnings due to improper object parsing.
- Collector state message/alert does not display sufficient information and does not reflect the correct state of the Collector.
Follow these steps to upgrade to this version of VMware Skyline Collector:
- Open a web browser and browse to https://<Skyline_Collector_IP_address:5480>.
- Log in using the root username and password.
- Click the Updates tab.
- Click Check Updates.
- Click Install Updates.
If you do not see an available updatte, verify if your Skyline Collector virtual appliance can access https://vapp-updates.vmware.com over port 443.