Updated on: 10 DEC 2018
VMware Skyline Collector™ 1.4 Release Notes |10 December 2018
NOTE: These Release Notes do not provide the terms applicable to your license. Consult the VMware Product Guide and VMware End User License Agreement for the license metrics and other license terms applicable to your use of VMware Skyline Collector.
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- About VMware Skyline Collector
- What's New in this Release
- Resolved Issues
- Upgrade Instructions
About VMware Skyline Collector
VMware Skyline™ is a proactive support service aligned with VMware Global Support Services. VMware Skyline automatically and securely collects, aggregates, and analyzes product usage data which proactively identifies potential problems and helps VMware Technical Support Engineers improve time-to-resolution.
This enables richer, more informed interactions between customers and VMware without extensive time investments by Technical Support Engineers. These capabilities transform support operations from reactive, break/fix to a proactive, predictive, and prescriptive experience that produces an even greater return on your VMware support investment.
For more information, see the VMware Skyline Documentation Center.
What's New in this Release
New Product Support: VMware® vSAN™ is a critical component of the Software-Defined DataCenter. Skyline Collector 1.4 includes the ability to provide proactive support for vSAN. A minimum of ten proactive findings and recommendations will be made available within Skyline Collector 1.4, with more findings and recommendations added in the future.
- VMware vCenter Server: 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7
- VMware ESXi: 5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7
- VMware NSX Manager: 6.2, 6.3, 6.4
- VMware vSAN: 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7
The following issues are resolved in this version of VMware Skyline Collector:
When adding a vCenter Server for collection and the Collect from all Datacenters check box is deselected, the user is presented with a list of datacenters. If the user selects two or more datacenters, the collection will fail with exception in the log similar to:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Duplicate key [name, network, datastore, vmFolder, hostFolder, datastoreFolder, networkFolder]
- When a manifest cannot be read from VMware’s Analytics Cloud, the Skyline Collector will not start and will not poll for manifests.
- Skyline Collector upload hangs indefinitely without timeout or expiration. This affects product usage data collection.
- vCenter Server VC_HOST endpoint product usage data collection, in some cases, does not start because a proper certificate thumbprint is not propogated.
- Many NSX warnings due to improper object parsing.
- Collector state message/alert does not display sufficient information and does not reflect the correct state of the Collector.
Follow these steps to upgrade to this version of VMware Skyline Collector:
- Open a web browser and enter the URL for the Skyline Collector VAMI: https://
- Log in using the root username and and the associated password.
- Click Login.
- Click Update.
- Click Check Updates.
- If an update is available, click Install Updates.
If you do not see an available update, verify if your Skyline Collector virtual appliance can access https://vapp-updates.vmware.com over port 443.