- In the Topology Builder Console, right-click the domain in the topology tree and select Create Instance from the context menu.
This displays the Create instance in domain: dialog box.
- Select the class of the element. For example, select WebServerRedundancyGroup.
- Provide a name for the element. For example, specify WebServerFarm.
- Click OK.
- Select the element you created.
In this example, select WebServerFarm so that it is displayed in the Topology Builder map.
- Right-click the element you want to connect to the newly created element and select Add to Map.
Note: Any elements you want to insert into a relationship must be displayed on the same map.
- Add a relationship or connection to link the newly added instance to another related topology element.
The related topology element should be one that was discovered either by the Availability Manager or an application signature.
- Press the Ctrl key and select the source element and then the related element. The source element is where the relationship or connection originates.
- Click the Link Node toolbar button. The Link Selected Map Nodes dialog box displays.
- In the Link Selected Map Nodes dialog box, select the relationship in the Select field.
- Click OK.
For this example, two Web servers already exist in the topology. Select one Web server and WebFarm1 and click the Link Node toolbar button. In the Link Selected Map Nodes dialog box, select the PartOf relationship in the Select field and click OK.Repeat the same steps to create a relationship for the second Web server and the WebServerFarm instance.Note: To delete a relationship or connection, use the Remove button. You can delete elements, relationships, and connections created with the Topology Builder, but you cannot delete elements, relationships, and connections discovered by the ACM Domain Manager.