The RabbitMQ admin account is used for configuring RabbitMQ and accessing RabbitMQ's web-based management interface. It is not used by any other component of the system except for the initial RabbitMQ setup process.
- Make sure the smarts-rabbitmq service was started.
- To access the RabbitMQ web-based management interface, connect with a browser to port 15672 on the host where RabbitMQ is installed.
- Log in as admin using the default password of changeme.
- If this is the first time RabbitMQ was started, make sure the first-time setup has completed before continuing, as explained Checking the RabbitMQ configuration. The setup process uses the default
admin/changemelogin credentials to make changes to RabbitMQ.
- Click the Admin tab and select admin from the list of RabbitMQ login users.
- Click Update this user.
- Type the new password in both password fields. Do not change the Tags field.
- Click Update User.
A message appears indicating the login failed. This is because you changed the password for the user that is currently logged on, making the password invalid.
- Click Log Out.
A new login form appears.
- Type admin and the new password to confirm the password was successfully changed.