To configure the for XenServer, specify the XenServer hypervisor credentials and the IP address of the host where the hypervisor resides.
Smarts administrator credentials are required to access the Configure menu.
- Open the Service Assurance Manager Global Console attached to the Server Manager (INCHARGE-ESM, by default).
- In the Topology Browser Console, select .
- Right-click the ESM server in the left pane and select Configure ESM credentials.
- In the Configure ESM credentials dialog box, select XenServer for the host type.
- Type values in the following fields:
Field Value Host IP address for the master and slave XenServer or standalone XenServer where the individual XenServer hypervisor resides User ID XenServer read-only user name Password XenServer read-only password
- Click Apply credential with testing.
- Verify that your XenServer credentials are accepted for the XenServer hypervisor by checking the status indicator in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.
A green Passed test status indicates that the credentials are accepted for the XenServer hypervisor.If the XenServer credentials are not accepted, confirm that the credentials are correct and enter them again in the Configure ESM credentials dialog box.You can also check the log file: Verify that XenServer credentials are accepted in the log file
- Click Close.
- In the Domain Manager Administration Console, select your IP Manager and select to discover the XenServer servers. At the end of the IP Manager discovery process, the Server Manager discovery process is automatically started.
What to do next
After the topology for your virtual network has been discovered, to continue to monitor and analyze your network, use the M&R UI or the Service Assurance Global Console.
For information about how to use the M&R UI, consult the online help.
For information about the XenServer topology, consult the Smarts Server Manager User and Configuration Guide .