- In the Data collection list box, select Add a new Data collection.
- Replace the localhost value with the IP address of the Data Collection server or load-balancer connector and provide the network port number.
- If the Property Store configuration list box appears, select Add a new Property Store configuration.
For a new installation, the Property Store configuration list box does not appear. This list box only appears if another SolutionPack for Traffic Flows or other SolutionPacks are already installed.
- Complete the fields for the new M&R Property Store. For the Web Service fields, replace the localhost value with the IP address of the M&R Frontend server and provide the port number. Accept the default username and password.
- In the Listener configuration section, for the Flow type list box, select NetFlow.
- Type the network port number for the listener. The default ports are:
- NetFlow: 2055, 9555, 9556, or 9996.
- In the ElasticSearch Configuration box, update the ElasticSearch IP Address and Port Number if needed. Default port is 9200.
- Use the + icon to add more listeners if needed.
- For the Central DB hostname field, replace the localhost value with the IP address of the Backend or Database server.
- For the Central DB port field, accept the default setting.
- Accept 10 for the top levels of data to collect for report results or adjust the value.
- Choose whether to enable the Optional sending of Raw Data to the Database checkbox.
Choose this option only if needed, because sending raw data to the database will decrease performance. No reports currently rely on raw data and it is completely optional.
- Select the Configure advanced settings checkbox and scroll to see the settings.
- Accept 1 for the Flow listener threading level or adjust the value.
Depending on the system's characteristics, a general rule for a dedicated listener is one thread per CPU (Core).
- In the Flow Aggregation Period field, accept 300 seconds (5 minutes) or adjust the value.
Configure the distributed data collector for the server in your distributed deployment: