After you log in as an administrator, you can install the for Traffic Flows from Centralized Management.
Determine whether you need a SolutionPack license file by checking the feature names and expiration dates listed in . If not listed, obtain a license by completing a Support Request (SR) form, which is available on the Online Support website at https://my.vmware.com/.
- Make sure the core modules, such as the Module-Manager, are up-to-date on all servers since not all module dependencies are validated during the SolutionPack installation. See the Service Assurance Suite Installation and Configuration Guide for M&R for more information.
- The M&R platform is updated to 6.8u5 and later.
- Obtain the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) or IP address for one or more servers depending on your deployment.
- Obtain available unique network port numbers for one or more Traffic Flow listener configurations. If you are using a privileged port on UNIX systems, make sure to run the service as root.
- Consider the type of deployment: single server or distributed. For a single server deployment, the SolutionPack for Traffic Flows components are installed on the same server. For a distributed deployment, the minimum components on two servers are: Central Database and Reports on one server, and the Distributed Collector on a second server. Or, install each component on different servers. In a typical distributed deployment, Reports is installed on the M&R Frontend server, Distributed Collector is installed on a server which is the target of traps or traffic flows, and Central Database is installed on a server with sufficient space for the database. Distributed Collector and Central Database blocks cannot reside on the same server.
- Log in to the M&R platform with your user name and password.
For example, https://Frontend-hostname:58443/APG
- Select Administration.
- Select Centralized Management.
- Select SOLUTIONPACK CENTER.
- Select the Traffic Flows in the Browse and Install SolutionPacks screen.
- Read the summary information and click Install.
- Accept the default instance name (generic-traffic-flow) or type a new name.
- Select the server for each component.
Deployment type Components Single server Select or type the fully qualified host name of the same server for both components:
- Combined Collector & Database
Select Will not be installed for the Central Database and Distributed Collector components.
Distributed deployment Select or type the fully qualified host name of the server for these components:
- Central Database
- Distributed Collector
Select Will not be installed for the Combined Collector & Database component.
Distributed Collector and Central Database blocks cannot reside on the same server.Click Next.
- Complete the field entries for the screens, depending on your deployment.
Click the question mark icon to access field-level help.
Click Next after you complete each screen.
- Combined collector and database setup when installing SolutionPack for Traffic Flows - Single server deployment
- Central database setup when installing SolutionPack for Traffic Flows - Distributed deployment
- Distributed collector setup when installing SolutionPack for Traffic Flows - Distributed deployment
- Report setup when installing SolutionPack for Traffic Flows
- Click Install after you complete the last screen.
The installation process begins.
- Select the maximize arrow next to each component to view the installation process.
When the installation successfully completes, green checkmarks appear.
- Select SolutionPack. to verify the installed
What to do next
Perform the post-installation tasks.