As an infrastructure operator in VMware Tanzu Mission Control, you can install the collector on a cluster to start sending data to your Wavefront account.
After observability has been enabled on your organization, you can then add the clusters that you want to monitor in Wavefront. When you add a cluster to Tanzu Observability, an extension is installed on the cluster to collect and send metrics data in regular intervals (by default, every 60 seconds).
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- To add your cluster to Tanzu Observability by Wavefront, you must be associated with the cluster.admin role on the cluster.
- To use an existing Tanzu Observability credential, you must be associated with the credential.view role on the credential.
For more information about Tanzu Observability credentials, see Create a Tanzu Observability Credential Object.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, navigate to the cluster you want to add to Tanzu Observability.
- On the cluster detail page, click the Actions dropdown menu and then choose Tanzu Observability by Wavefront > Add.
- In the Add dialog, specify how to attach to your Wavefront account.
- If you have access to an existing Tanzu Observability credential, you can select it in the Tanzu Observability credential field.
- If you want to enter your authorization credentials directly, click Setup New Credential, and then enter the Wavefront instance URL and API token from your Wavefront account.
Note: The value for these fields come from your Wavefront account, and not your Tanzu Mission Control account. For information about how to retrieve these values from your Wavefront account, see Your Wavefront Account in the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront documentation.
- Click Confirm.
When you click Confirm, Tanzu Mission Control installs an extension on your cluster to collect data from the cluster and send it to your Wavefront account in one minute intervals.