Set up a credential object to connect to your Tanzu Observability by Wavefront account, to enable you to add clusters to Tanzu Observability through VMware Tanzu Mission Control.
Before you create a Tanzu Observability credential, make sure you have access to the account and that you have generated a Tanzu Observability API token. For more information, see Generate a Token for Tanzu Mission Control in the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront documentation.
- To create a Tanzu Observability credential, you must be associated with the organization.credential.admin role.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Administration in the left navigation pane.
- On the the Accounts tab of the Administration page, click Create Account Credential, and then select Tanzu Observability by Wavefront credential.
- On the Create credential page, provide a name for the credential.
- Enter the Wavefront instance URL and API token from your Wavefront account.
Note: The value for these fields come from your Wavefront account, and not your Tanzu Mission Control account. For information about how to retrieve these values from your Wavefront account, see Generate a Token for Tanzu Mission Control and Your Wavefront Account in the Tanzu Observability by Wavefront documentation.
- Click Create.
You can optionally click Create and Add Role Binding which directs you to the Access tab of the Administration page where you can apply a role binding to the credential object to secure it. For more information about access control, see Managing Access to Your Resources.
After you complete this procedure, you have a credential that you can use to add managed clusters to Tanzu Observability by Wavefront through Tanzu Mission Control. You can see your new credential listed on the Administration page in the Tanzu Mission Control console.