Upgrade the version of Kubernetes that is running on a cluster that you provisioned through VMware Tanzu Mission Control.
- You can upgrade a cluster up to one minor version of Kubernetes from its current version. If necessary, you can perform subsequent upgrades to move the version forward.
- Upgrading your version of Kubernetes is a one-way operation. You cannot subsequently downgrade the Kubernetes version, or undo an upgrade.
- To upgrade a cluster, you must be associated with the cluster.admin role on the cluster.
- In the left navigation pane of the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Cluster groups.
- Click the cluster group that contains the provisioned cluster you want to upgrade, and then click the cluster.
- On the cluster detail page, click Upgrade in the top right corner.
- In the confirmation dialog, select the version to which you want to upgrade and then click Upgrade.
When you click Upgrade, Tanzu Mission Control sets the status of the cluster to Upgrading, and temporarily suspends cluster lifecycle management operations until the upgrade is complete.
If you return to the detail page of the cluster or cluster group while the upgrade is in progress, you see that the cluster is still listed with its status as Upgrading.