Set up a credential for data protection that allows you to create a target location that uses a self-provisioned storage location that you create and maintain (either in your cloud provider account or in an on-premises data center).
To create backups using Tanzu Mission Control and save them in your self-provisioned storage (AWS S3 or S3-compatible or Azure Blob), you must first create a credential object that stores access credentials for the storage location.
Before you set up a data protection credential that provides access to self-provisioned storage, make sure you have access to the account and that you have the credentials to access it.
- To create a data protection credential, you must be associated with the organization.credential.admin role.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Administration in the left navigation pane.
- On the Accounts tab of the Administration a page, click Create Account Credential, and then select the type of credential to create.
- For S3-compatible storage, choose Self provisioned storage: AWS S3 or S3-compatible.
- For Azure Blob storage, choose Self provisioned storage: Azure Blob.
- On the Create credential page, provide a name for the credential.
The name that you enter is the name that appears in the list of credential objects on the Accounts tab of the Administration page.
- Provide the credentials required to access the storage location.
For AWS S3 or S3-compatible storage:
For Azure Blob storage:
- Enter the access key ID and secret access key for your S3-compatible storage.
- Enter the following identifiers for the Blob storage in your Azure account:
- subscription ID
- tenant ID
- resource group
- client ID
- Enter your client secret key.
- Select the name of your Azure cloud from the dropdown list.
- After you finish configuring the access details for your storage account, click Create.
After you complete this procedure, you have a credential that you can use to create a target location for data protection that points to a self-provisioned storage location. You can see your new credential listed on the Administration page in the Tanzu Mission Control console, and can choose that credential when you create a target location.