As platform operator, you can create a data protection target location that you can use for storage of backups that you generate using VMware Tanzu Mission Control.
When you run a backup using Tanzu Mission Control, the resources that you specify to be backed up are written to a storage location that you identify. This location can be the AWS S3 storage that is managed by Tanzu Mission Control in your cloud provider account, or a storage location that you create and maintain in your cloud provider account (AWS S3 or S3-compatible storage or Azure Blob storage). This procedure shows how to create a target location that you can use for backups.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- For AWS S3 storage that is managed by Tanzu Mission Control, see Connect an AWS Account for Data Protection.
- For Azure Blob storage or AWS S3 or S3-compatible storage, see Create a Data Protection Credential for Self-Provisioned Storage.
- To create a target location, you must be associated with the organization.admin role.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Administration in the left navigation pane.
- On the Administration a page, click the Target Locations tab.
- Click Create Target Location, and then choose the type of storage for the new target location.
- TMC provisioned storage: AWS S3
- Self provisioned storage: AWS S3 or S3-compatible
- Self provisioned storage: Azure Blob
- Select an account credential, and then click Next.
- If you choose self-provisioned storage, specify the configuration of the storage.
If you choose the storage managed by Tanzu Mission Control, you can skip this step.For AWS S3 or S3-compatible:
For Azure Blob:
- Enter the URL that identifies the AWS S3 or S3-compatible storage location.
- Enter a name for the bucket in which to store backups.
- Specify the region in which to store backups.
After you have specified the configuration for the storage provider, click Next.
- Enter the account ID for the account where the Azure Blob resides.
- Enter the container name for the Azure Blob.
- Specify the clusters that can use this target location for backup. You can specify Cluster groups as well as individual Clusters for the target location. To specify cluster groups, click Select Cluster Groups. To specify an individual cluster, click Select Clusters.
- Click Next.
- Provide a name for the target location.
- Click Create.
When you click Create, Tanzu Mission Control generates a backup location that can be used by clusters in the specified cluster groups.