As a platform operator, you can remove the integration between a management cluster and Tanzu Mission Control.
This task assumes you have registered a management cluster with Tanzu Mission Control as described in Register a Management Cluster with Tanzu Mission Control.
Before you can deregister a management cluster, you must first remove its workload clusters from Tanzu Mission Control management.
- You must have admin privileges on the management cluster.
For Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Service in vSphere with Tanzu, this is typically the vSphere administrator.
- In Tanzu Mission Control, you must be associated with the organization.admin role.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, click Administration in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Management clusters tab, and then click the management cluster you want to deregister.
- On the management cluster detail page, click Deregister.
- In the confirmation dialog, select the deregistration option to use.
- Select Deregister and remove agent to remove the cluster agent extensions from the management cluster and deregister it from Tanzu Mission Control.
- Select Deregister only to release the management cluster from Tanzu Mission Control management without attempting to remove the cluster agent extensions.
This option might be useful if the management cluster has been deleted or Tanzu Mission Control no longer has connectivity to the management cluster.
- Enter the name of the management cluster, and then click Deregister.
When you click Deregister, Tanzu Mission Control releases the management cluster, and it is no longer listed on the Management clusters tab of the Administration page. If you selected Deregister and remove agent, Tanzu Mission Control attempts to remove the cluster agent extensions from the management cluster before deregistering it. This process might take a few minutes.
What to do next
kubectl deletecommand like the following:
kubectl delete agentinstall tmc-agent-installer-config -n svc-tmc-c8If your management cluster is a Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Service supervisor cluster running in vSphere with Tanzu, your Tanzu Kubernetes Grid administrator is typically the vSphere administrator. For more information, see Manually Remove the Cluster Agent from a Supervisor Cluster in vSphere with Tanzu.