Create a secret to use with cluster repositories.
Log in to the Tanzu Mission Control console, as described in Log In to the Tanzu Mission Control Console.
Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to create a cluster secret.
- To create a cluster secret, you must be associated with the cluster.admin role.
- In the Tanzu Mission Control console, navigate to the cluster for which you want to create a secret.
- On the cluster detail page, click the Add-ons tab.
- Click Kubernetes secrets in the Secrets section of the Add-ons menu.
- Click Create Kubernetes Secret
- Enter a name for the secret.
- Select the namespace in which to create the secret from the dropdown list.
The type defaults to registry secret.
- Enter the URL for the registry.
- Enter a valid username and password for the registry URL.
- Click Create.
Tanzu Mission Control generates the secret, and then the Next button appears.
- Click Next.
- You can optionally click the toggle to make the secret available to all namespaces in the cluster.
- You can optionally click View YAML to see the contents of the secret.
- Click Finish.
When you click Finish, Tanzu Mission Control applies the secret to your cluster in the specified namespace, and directs you to the Secrets tab of the cluster detail page where you can see the new secret in the table.