To access a Kubernetes cluster even when the VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager or Control Plane is down, download the recovery kubeconfig file from VMware Telco Cloud Automation. Ensure that you download and store the recovery kubeconfig file securely prior to the unavailability of VMware Telco Cloud Automation.
To access the Kubernetes cluster:
- Ensure that you have installed an external SSH client on your local system.
- Ensure that Kubernetes CLI Tool (kubectl) is installed on your local system.
To download the recovery kubeconfig file:
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Navigate to and select the VIM.
- Click the ⋮ menu and select Download Recovery Kube Config.
- ♦ Use kubectl with the downloaded recovery kubeconfig file.
The recovery kubeconfig file establishes a remote connection and lists the pods that are running on the cluster. You can now perform cluster operations on them.