Use the steps listed in this section for upgrading VMware Telco Cloud Automation 2.1 that is deployed in an airgapped environment to a later version.
- Extract the upgrade BOMs from the downloaded VMware-Telco-Cloud-Automation-upgrade-files.tar.gz file.
This file contains two upgrade BOMs:
- VMware-Telco-Cloud-Automation-Mgr-upgrade-bom for VMware Telco Cloud Automation Manager
- VMware-Telco-Cloud-Automation-CP-upgrade-bom for VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane.
- Log in to the VMware Telco Cloud Automation web interface.
- Go to .
- From the Apply Service Update column, click Select File.
- Browse and select the corresponding upgrade BOM file of the newer release to which you want to upgrade.
- Provide the Airgap Server FQDN and then click Upgrade to initiate the upgrade.
The upgrade begins. To monitor the upgrade progress, view the Status column.
The upgrade process can take up to 45 mins. During the upgrade process, cannot use VMware Telco Cloud Automation for any operations. Also, upgrade Telco Cloud Automation Manager before upgrading VMware Telco Cloud Automation Control Plane.