vRealize Operations provides a robust and integrated monitoring platform that resides at the center of the Telco Cloud Infrastructure Cloud Director Edition environment. It monitors the virtual environment and collects data about its health, capacity, availability, and performance.
Download the vRealize Operations OVA file.
Verify that the FQDNs of the primary and primary replica nodes are registered with the DNS server for forward and reverse proxy.
Verify that the FQDNs and IP addresses of the primary node and primary replica nodes are resolved by using nslookup.
Verify that your user account has permission to deploy an OVF template to the inventory.
Get familiar with Preparing for Installation and ensure that your environment meets all the requirements.
- On the management cluster TCI_MGMT_CLUSTER, deploy the vRealize Operations Manager appliance in standalone mode to act as the primary node by naming it to TCI_VROPS_PRIMARY. See Deployment of vRealize Operations.
- On the cluster TCI_MGMT_CLUSTER, deploy the vRealize Operations appliance as the data node (also acts as the primary replica) by naming it to TCI_VROPS_REPLICA1. Deploy an additional data node by naming it to TCI_VROPS_DATA1 for scalability.
- Install the following management packs for the VMware Telco Cloud Infrastructure Cloud Director Edition components:
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for VMware Cloud Director
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vRealize Orchestrator
VMware vRealize Operation Management Pack for NSX-T Data Center.
The following management packs are built into vRealize Operations:
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vCenter Server
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for Log Insight
VMware vRealize Operations Management Pack for vSAN
- Download the management pack that you want to install.
- In the left pane of the vRealize Operations UI, click the Administration icon, and click Solutions.
- Click Repository.
- Click the plus (+) sign under Solutions to browse and add the downloaded management pack.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next to start the management pack installation process.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat Steps a-f for each management pack that you want to install.
- Configure the following vRealize Operations management packs for the Telco Cloud Infrastructure Cloud Director Edition components:
- Default management packs, such as vCenter Server, vRealize Log Insight, and vSAN. See Connecting vRealize Operations to Data Sources.
- Other management packs, such as VMware Cloud Director, vRealize Orchestrator, NSX-T Data Center, and Site Recovery Manager. See the Management Packs for vRealize Operations Documentation.
What to do next
Activate the vROps management packs for vSAN and vRealize Log Insight in the vROps UI.