After you install the content pack for Linux that is designed for Photon OS, configure an agent group to apply common settings to the agents on the appliances in the region.
- In a Web browser, log in to vRealize Log Insight by using the user interface.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01vrli01.sfo01.rainpole.local User name admin Password vrli_admin_password
- In the vRealize Log Insight user interface, click Administration.
- In the left pane, under Management, click Agents.
- From the drop-down at the top, select Linux - Systemd.
- Click Copy template.
The Copy agent group dialog box appears.
- In the Name text box, enter SDDC - Photon OS and click Copy.
- From the agent filter drop-down menus, select the object type and operator and, in the agent filter text box, enter the host names by pressing Enter to separate the values.
- Click the Refresh data icon at the top of the page and verify that all the agents listed in the filter appear in the Agents list.
- Click Save new group at the bottom of the page.
- Verify that log data is showing up on the Linux dashboards.
- On the main navigation menu, click Dashboards.
- In the left pane, under Content pack dashboards, click the Linux - Systemd content pack.
You see events that occurred over the past 48 hours.