After the inaccessible region is back online, prepare vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager for failback or failover by reprotecting the virtual machines in Site Recovery Manager.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL for reprotect after failover. https://lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local/ui URL for reprotect after failback. https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Site Recovery inventory, on the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local site pane, click Open Site Recovery.
The Site Recovery page opens.
- Log in to the VMware Site Recovery Manager user interface by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_passwordNote: Authentication is required if the connection between the protected and the recovery sites has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local to sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site pair pane, click View details.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Recovery plans tab and, in the left pane, navigate to .
- Right-click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan, and select Reprotect.
The Reprotect - SDDC Operations Management RP wizard opens.
- On the Confirmation options page, select the check box confirming that you understand the reprotect operation is irreversible, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the reprotect information and click Finish.
- To monitor the progress of the reprotect ,click the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan and on the SDDC Operations Management RP page, click the tab.
- If the status of the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan changes to Reprotect interrupted, open the Reprotect - SDDC Operations Management RP wizard again and select the Force cleanup check box on the confirmation page.
- After the status of the SDDC Operations Management RP recovery plan changes to Ready, click the Export All. tab and click
- Verify that the history report contains no errors
The recovery plan can return to the Ready state even if errors occurred during the reprotect operation.
- If errors occurred during the reprotect operation, resolve them and run a test recovery to verify that the errors are fixed.
If you skip resolving the errors and attempt to run a planned migration or disaster recovery later, the recovery of some virtual machines might fail.
- Reverses the recovery site and protected site.
- Creates placeholder copies of the virtual machines of vRealize Operations Manager and vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager from the new protected site to the new recovery site.