Тo support failover to Region B, enable the replication of the virtual machines that constitute the primary functionality of the Cloud Management Platform. Replica virtual machines become active upon failover. You create a protection group and recovery plan along wtih the replication.
- In a Web browser, log in to vCenter Server by using the vSphere Client.
Setting Value URL https://sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local/ui User name email@example.com Password vsphere_admin_password
- In the Site Recovery inventory, on the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local site pane, click Open Site Recovery.
The Site Recovery page opens.
- Log in to the VMware Site Recovery Manager user interface by using the following credentials.
Setting Value User name firstname.lastname@example.org Password vsphere_admin_passwordNote: Authentication is required if the connection between the protected and the recovery sites has been interrupted after the last successful authentication.
- On the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local to lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local site pair pane, click View details.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Replications tab and, in the left pane, select Outgoing.
- On the sfo01m01vc01.sfo01.rainpole.local to lax01m01vc01.lax01.rainpole.local pair, click New.
The Configure replication wizard opens.
- On the Virtual machines page, select the following virtual machines and click Next.
Virtual Machine Name Role vra01ims01a IaaS Manager Service and DEM Orchestrator vra01ims01b IaaS Manager Service and DEM Orchestrator vra01iws01a IaaS Web Server vra01iws01b IaaS Web Server vra01mssql01 Microsoft SQL Server vra01svr01a vRealize Automation Appliance vra01svr01b vRealize Automation Appliance vra01svr01c vRealize Automation Appliance vra01dem01a vRealize Automation DEM Worker vra01dem01b vRealize Automation DEM Worker
- On the Target site page, select Auto-assign vSphere Replication server and click Next.
- On the Target datastore page, configure the settings and click Next.
Setting Value Disk format Thin provision VM storage policy vSAN Default Storage Policy Datastore lax01-m01-vsan01
- On the Replication settings page, enter the following settings and click Next.
Setting Value Recovery Point Objective (RPO) 15 minutes Enable point in time instances Selected Keep 3 instances per day for the last 1 days. Enable Guest OS quiescing Deselected Enable network compression for VR data SelectedImportant: Do not enable guest OS quiescing because some of the vRealize Operations Manager databases do not support quiescing. Quiescing might result in a cluster failure because virtual disks remain in a frozen state for too long.
Compression requires extra resources. Do not enable it if the hosts are over-utilized.
- On the Protection group page, select Add to new protection group, enter SDDC Cloud Management PG for the protection group name, and click Next.
- On the Recovery plan page, select Add to new recovery plan, enter SDDC Cloud Management RP for recovery plan name, and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review the configuration and click Finish.